Monday, November 10, 2014

100 Days of Empties: 1-12

This week I have 12 empties to show you. Not bad for my first week. I will list some information on the products such as the price, where you can find it, if I finished the product, and if I would repurchase the item. If you have any questions or have tried these products comment below and let me know how you liked them.

Empties 1-12 out of 100


Product: Organic Tea Tree Face Wash
Price: $14.99 (Vitaminworld.com)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: No

I got this face wash in my allure beauty box that I order a couple months ago. I like getting these type of boxes because they send a bunch of products that may be new to you. These boxes are usually a good deal because you end up paying less money than what you would if you bought all the products separately. As I've shared on my instagram, I have dry and sensitive skin. I'm always skeptical about facial prodcuts that say for all skin types because I don't understand how someone with dry skin would use the same product as someone with oily skin. I also try to stay away from products with a scent. This face wash smelled pretty good, it had a lemon scent which I didn't mind it wasn't something I found overbearing. The directions said that you did not need a lot of product but when it comes to the amount of product needed I always go overboard. What I didn't like from the beginning is that it didn't foam up, it did not have any grittiness to it, it didn't tingle. This face wash didn't really do anything except break me out. I ended up having red bumps near my chin. I wanted to make sure that's what caused the break out and used the whole thing and yes I confirmed that that was the cause of the break out. I'm not quite sure what it was supposed but it was a big no no for me.




Product: Not Your Mothers way to grow Long and Strong shampoo and Conditioner
Price: $5.99 each (Ulta)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: No

I love the Not Your Mothers brand I've used their Kinky Moves Curl defining hair cream for some years now.  I have long curly hair and am trying to grow it to my butt so I can donate it to Locks of Love. You can imagine how excited I was when I saw the claims that this shampoo and conditioner help grow hair. I should have know it was too good to be true. I didn't notice any extra length, the shampoo had the weirdest smell and it didn't even make my hair feel nice and soft once I was out of the shower. I won't be buying this version of NYM shampoo and conditioner.






Product: Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair Shampoo and conditioner
Price: $7.99 each (Yestocarrots.com)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Yes

I bought this last year during Yes to Carrot's Cyber Monday sale and got it for $2 each. I really wish I would have stocked up on this duo. All these years using shampoo and conditioner and I have never really noticed a difference after washing my hair. In the shower this pair didn't feel like anything special and I was even bummed out about it because I had read so many good reviews on their website. Once my hair had air dried (I don't blow dry my hair because my hair blows out into a lions mane) it was so soft and looked healthy. I didn't have any products in my hair but I felt comfortable enough to go outside. As soon as I go through the rest of my shampoos and conditioners I will be buying more. Hopefully they have another big Cyber Monday sale because I will be all over that.



Product: Elf Make up Remover Cleansing Cloth
Price: $3 (Target)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Already have

These wipes were also in my Allure Beauty Box. I don't want to say I'm a snob but I've seen these at Target for a long time but thought that a $3 pack of makeup remover wipes would break me out. I tried them out after I did some lipstick swatches on my arm and was impressed at how good it removed the lipstick. You know how lipsticks will stain your skin after you swatch? These wipes remove EVERYTHING.I swatch A LOT on my instagram page and these are the best make up wipes I have used.  I even tried them on my face and they were really good at removing waterproof mascara. I am so impressed with these wipes especially at a $3 price point. I usually buy Elf products at Target but if you want a better deal be on the look out on Elf's website they have 50% off sales frequently.




Product: L'Oreal  Total repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Price: $3.99 each (Target)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Yes

I ended up buying 2 of these Shampoos and 2 Conditioners because of @targetfanatic. I can't remember how much they were but I think they were under $5 for 4 bottles. I LOVE this shampoo. This one and the Yes to Blueberries are tied for first place. This shampoo and conditioner combo left my hair looking nice and smooth once it air dried. I received a mini set in my Sample Society Box last month and  I still have one more set of the shampoo and conditioner but I will also repurchase when I run out.








Product: Yes to Carrots Nourishing Body Wash
Price: $8.99 (Yestocarrots.com)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: No

This is another item I got on cyber Monday. I didn't find it moisturizing or drying. It didn't feel special and I didn't see a difference in my skin. I can't believe this is $8.99 I'm glad I got it for $2.












Product: Garnier Fructis Leave in Conditioner
Price: $2.99 (Target)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Already have

I had this awhile ago and put it away one day while cleaning. I don't know why I didn't leave it out in the open where I could see it. This leave in conditioner serves as an anti-frizz product for my hair. I put this on after I shower and have washed my hair or before I'm about to put Not Your Mothers Kinky Curl Cream. This combination is great for my natural curls. It makes my hair look like I don't have any product but leave bouncy natural curls.











Product: Bath and Body Works Winder Candy Apple Shower Gel
Price: $12.50 (Bath and Body Works)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Yes

I find the shower gels from bath and body works to be very drying but I LOVE the scent of Winter Candy Apple. I plan to stock up on this scent. The great thing about it is that they always have sales at Bath and Body Works you do not have to pay retail for it. Last year I got this during a buy 3 get 3 free and I had a 40% coupon.











Product: OPI Mini Expert Touch Lacquer Remover
Price: .69 cents (Ulta)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: No

I bought this mini nail polish remover as a filler so that I wouldn't have to pay shipping for my Ulta purchase. I want to give this another try but my first impression is that it's just like any other nail polish remover. I used a cotton pad with this nail polish remover but the nail polish did not come off as effortlessly as I thought it would. For now, I'll continue using my nail polish remover from Sally's.

No comments:

Post a Comment