Saturday, May 9, 2015

April Empties

Hey there!

I know we're already 9 days into May but today I wanted to share my April empties with you. I don't know about you but I like to read/watch empties post/videos. I like to know which products are worth purchasing and which ones I should pass on.

Lets get started with my empties.


Product:Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
Price: $5.49 (Target )
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Not right now

I got this Moisturizer in one of the Allure Beauty Boxes. I have sensitive skin so I try to be careful about what I put on my face. This is the first Gel Moisturizer I have tried. My all time favorite is the Clinique Moisturizer which they offer in a gel but I've always been told to get the regular one. This moisturizer has a faint cucumber smell. What I like is that it is lightweight and truly moisturizes my face. The moisturizer doesn't make me feel oily and I don't end up with dry patches on my face.


Product: Glam Glow ThirstyMud
Price: $69 (Sephora)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Not right now

Who hasn't heard about Glam Glow? I know I've seen many Youtube videos on Glam Glow masks but could never justify spending $69 on a mask/face treatment. I ended up picking up the Glam Glow Gift Sexy set at Sephora in November and December during the 20% off VIB Sale. The set came with a full size (1.7oz) Thirsty Mud, .5oz SuperMud, and .5oz Youthmud, all for $55.20. That is a good deal, the full size products are regularly $69 and the .5oz are $19 each. This set was a good way to try all 3 masks for a decent price. My dry skin LOVED the ThirstyMud. I used this as my night time moisturizer, when I woke up my face still looked moisturized and even had a glow. I haven't repurchased it because I have a lot of moisturizers I want to get through but this was a good one. Right now you can get a 30% discount on Glam Glow using code GLOSSYBOX30 as you can see here you can get a full size mask for $48.30 and also get to choose two samples.


Product: Deep Cleansing Soap in Merry Cookie
Price: $6.50 (Bath and Body Works)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Not right now

As some of you know I went a little soap crazy back in December when Bath and Body Works was having a sale. The soaps were only $2 AND I had a coupon. I have been enjoying these deep cleansing soaps, the scents last awhile and leave your hands feeling clean. This is a sweet scent which I usually don't enjoy but it wasn't overpowering.


Product: Yes to Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
Price: $4.99 (TJ Maxx)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Already have

I first bought the Yes to Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum two years ago during a cyber Monday sale. Like I've mentioned before, I've tried all kinds of things to help my curly hair. This product is one that has helped a lot. The directions say to apply a dime-sized dollop after you shower. I NEVER follow the recommended amount so I pump about a half-dollar size sometimes even more. Anyways, after I use that I let it air dry a bit and then use my Not Your Mother's Curling Cream. I've realized that my hair requires a bit more love and attention. The only place I had been able to find the serum which is really more like the texture of conditioner is here until I walked into TJMaxx a couple months ago and saw them in the beauty section(I grabbed 5 of them).


Product: The Balm Hair Mascara (black)
Price: $15 (TheBalm)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: I will next time there's a sale.

I've been getting gray hair for some years now. I use to have bangs and would pluck the grays in that area. I finally realized that plucking was only going to give me bald spots so I stopped doing it. I've never dyed my hair and do not want to start now (change makes me nervous but I change my mind about my hair all the time). I do not want to be stuck with a hair color if I don't like it and don't want to damage my hair dyeing it over and over. I stumbled on this hair mascara during one The Balm's 50% off sales. I'm sad I only got one because this came in handy. This product is useful for touch ups in between dyes or for people that have grays here and there which would make it easier to cover it. The con is that this hair mascara only comes in three colors; blonde, brunette, and black.


Product: Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Curl Cream
Price: $4.74 (Walmart)
Used until empty: Yes
Repurchase: Already have

I've talked about this cream many many many times. If you have been following me on instagram for awhile or have read my previous posts you know that I LOVE this curling cream. Having curly hair is a blessing and a curse. As I get older I love my curly hair more and more but finding products that actually work is so hard! All I look for in products is something that will control the frizz and leave me with my natural curls. I don't want my hair to get hard or crunch. I don't want the product to leave white residue, it'd be nice if the product doesn't stink. Lastly, I want something that will last the whole day. Now, is that too much to ask for? I've used many products and NYM is not only the most affordable but it actually works!



Well, that was it for this month's empties. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and how they've worked for you in the comment section below. I'll see you in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment