Saturday, September 12, 2015

August Favorites

Hi Guys! August flew by and now we're in the best month (my birthday month)! Here are my favorites for the month of August:



Product: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 (AM)
Price: $9.39 each (Target)


When I pulled this up on the Target website I saw that the online prices are a couple dollars cheaper than the in store prices. I bought this for $12-13, this moisturizer reminded me of the Bare Minerals moisturize I have used in the past. It is a thicker consistency because of the SPF and requires you to work it in your skin. If you don't, you could be left with white streaks on your face. This moisturizer has been working well with my dry skin/dry patches and doesn't have me looking oily at the end of the day.

Product: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion (PM)
Price: $7.79 each (Target)


Just like the AM moisturizer, the PM moisturizer price is cheaper online. I believe I bought this one for $11. I like that the PM Moisturizer is lighter and is more like a serum. I don't notice my skin feeling plump and extra hydrated when I wake up in the morning but it does feel moisturizing after washing my face.

Product: Essie Polish in Ballet Slippers
Price: $8.09 each (Target)

I bought this nail polish because of Whatwouldlizzydo. I own quite a few Essie nail polishes and have had luck with few. Many of the ones I have chip right away or the formula isn't the easiest to work with. I put this polish on as soon as I got it and fell in love. Ballet Slippers is the lightest baby pink I've ever used but also one of the easiest light polishes to work with. This polish does need a good 3 for it to become opaque but it's totally worth it. The great thing about this is that it didn't become goopy and dried at a normal speed the bad thing is that I got a bunch of air bubbles when I used it. At first, I thought the bubbles happened because I shook the bottle right before painting my nails but, I have used this at least 4 times and each time air bubbles appear. 

Product: Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Lime
Price: $7.49 each (Ulta)\

I've had this sugar scrub in my shower for awhile but rarely used it. Now that I've been going to the gym on a daily basis I've been using this a lot more. I feel like the scrub makes me feel extra clean since you can actually feel the beads exfoliating your skin. I'm not a pro when it comes to scrubs, I've only tried one other sugar scrub besides this one (from the Body Shop). The previous one I used didn't feel like it was doing anything, it was too soft and left me feeling oily. The only thing I wish about the Tree Hut one is that the smell would linger. I love that Coconut Lime scent.

Product: Philosophy Purity Cleanser
Price: $24.00 for 8oz.
(Sephora)

I always heard Youtubers talking about how great the Purity cleanser was not only for the face but also for cleaning brushes and sponges. I know I don't think twice about spending 20 plus dollars on a lipstick but I do struggle to spend money when it comes to skin care. On Black Friday, Sephora was selling a 12oz for $10 and I ordered two to give them a try. I just finished my first bottle not too long ago. I love that a little goes a long way. This cleanser is soooo gentle but extremely effective. I still probably wouldn't buy this at full price but would definitely purchase during a 20% off sale or pick more up during the Black Friday sale. 

That's all for my August Favorites. Have you tried any of the products listed below? Let me know how you liked them in the comment section below. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment