Thursday, July 2, 2015

My First Nature Box

Purchased

Happy Thursday!

Today I wanted to let you know how I liked my first nature box. I honestly thought that I would feel like this box would be a waste of money but I ended up really liking it. Like I mentioned in my post about my trial box the Deluxe box is $19.95 shipped and comes with 5 full size snacks that. Nature box gives you an option of a purchasing more snacks for an additional $3 per bag. What I like about Nature Box is that they have a variety of snacks from dried fruit, fruit snacks, pretzels, nuts, pop corn, and baked treats. Most snacks are flavored like blueberry almonds, BBQ sunflower seeds, golden apple tea biscuits. These snacks are on the healthier side(when you portion them out) compared to the snacks you'd find at 7-11 or corner stores and come in pouches that have the zip lock feature on top. The bags are a nice size that are easy to travel with or throw in your purse (which is what I've been doing). At first, I was nervous because I watched YouTube videos that said they finished all their snacks in 3 days. I thought that might happen to me but the snacks lasted about 2 weeks. I actually still have one bag I haven't finished.

Keep reading to find out more....

The Basics:
-You can decide how often you want to get your box and how big you want your box to be (prices vary).
-When you sign up make sure to take the quiz for your profile, that helps Nature Box know what types of snacks you like.
-Make sure to add 15 snacks in your pantry
                 When you log onto your account you have a "pantry" where you can put 15 snacks (don't quote me on the number) I currently have 12.
                 The first five are the ones that will be in your next box and the rest are used if one of your top 5 is out of stock. They'll substitute it with one on the list.
                  Definitely put these in your pantry by ranking: 1 being the one you want the most 15 being the least. If you don't fill up your pantry and your snacks are out Nature box will substitute a snack based the a profile quiz you filled out when you first sign up.
-Choose snacks for your next box ASAP
                     I believe you get 30 days from the time your box ships but I recommend doing it ASAP so you wont forget. If you don't the next 5 snacks in your Pantry list will be in your next Nature Box.
-If you prepay for your boxes you get a bit of a discount
-You can cancel at any time


Sorry I didn't take a picture of my box. I was too eager to open the bags and taste each snack but I'll do it next time. I'm going to show you the snacks I chose this month. I also added an additional snack so I had 6 full size snacks for a total of $22.95. The snacks I chose were: Sticks 'n Stones,
Big Island Pineapple, Lemon Tea Biscuit, Mini Belgian Waffles, Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Stars, and Southern BBQ Sunflower Kernels.


Sticks 'n Stones:
I forgot to take a picture of this snack and the bag. Sticks 'n stones is a simple mix of cashews, almonds, and sesame sticks. I LOOOOOOVE sesame sticks. This was one of my favorite snacks and is one I reordered for my next box.



Big Island Pineapple:
I believe this is the most popular Nature Box snack. I ordered it with big expectations. I thought "this better be the best dried pineapple in life the way people talk about it". I knew what to expect when it came to quantity because I watched multiple videos and search many hashtags. The amount of pineapple you get doesn't seem like very much and I wasn't blown away by it but it is a tasty treat. It's a bit sweet even though the only ingredient is pineapple. This is a nice alternative than candy when you have that sweet tooth.


Lemon Tea Biscuit:
This is a lemon mini cookie but doesn't have an overpowering lemon taste. I expected these to be soft because of the word biscuit (I didn't know they were cookies). I initially didn't like them because I was expecting something soft. They were good but not good enough to reorder in my next month.


Mini Belgian Waffles:
I know this is another popular one. A couple days before it was time to order my second box these were sold out. When I first bit into it I couldn't figure out why this was so popular but I kept eating them and ended up liking them. I also expected this to be soft and bread like but it's a cookie.This is supposed to be a breakfast type of snack and eaten with coffee or tea. This is a snack you put in your mouth and wait until it gets soft. You can really taste the sweet vanilla flavor.


Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Stars:
I love fruit snacks so I ordered these strawberry lemonade fruit stars. Just like the other snacks it took me a little bit of time to get use to these. I expected them to be sweet like the fruit snacks I buy at the store but they were a bit tart. The website says it is infused with real lemons. They were good, just different than what I normally get.






Southern BBQ Sunflower Kernels:
This is the snack I added to my box and the one I'm still working on. This bag is full! Don't get me wrong they're delicious and kind of remind me of the Lays BBQ chips but they're not fun to eat. I realized that what I like about sunflower seeds is cracking them open (I'm such a kid).



I enjoyed all the snacks I picked out even though I had to get use to the taste of some. I definitely recommend getting this box or at least getting the trial to taste the different snacks they offer. Having these in my purse has saved me a couple of trips to 7-11. Instead of getting some hot Funyons I'm able to munch on healthier snacks. One neat thing that I haven't mentioned is that if you don't like a snack you received you can send it back to Nature Box and they'll replace it with another one. I think that's pretty amazing.

I can't wait to try the new snacks I ordered for my second box. Let me know if you've tried Nature Box, plan on trying it, or what your favorite snack subscription is in the comment section below. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment